MATTHEW H. FISHER
Matt is one of the two founding partners of DAVEGA | FISHER | MECHTENBERG LLP and a fourth generation California lawyer. After being raised in the Los Angeles area and attending law school at the University of Southern California, Matt has litigated cases throughout California including the Los Angeles area, Santa Barbara, and the San Francisco Bay Area. Matt currently lives with his family in San Jose, California.
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A., Music - 1998
- University of Southern California Law School, J.D. – 2003 (Law Review)
After passing the bar in 2003, Matt has represented a broad variety of clients including cities and counties, farms, fashion designers, newspapers, and small businesses. He has litigated everything from inverse condemnation actions and zoning challenges, to civil rights claims, administrative labor actions, and copyright disputes. He has also worked out over $100 million in disputed debt on behalf of businesses and high net worth individuals.
During his five years as an associate at the firm of Cappello & Noel, Matt further developed a practice representing individuals wronged by government entities, banks, and other big institutions. Matt has litigated complex, catastrophic, and class cases on behalf of securities investors, borrowers, victims of discrimination, and personal injury plaintiffs, representing them both at the trial and appellate levels. In 2012, Matt handled a wrongful death case in which the decedent's family obtained a $4.8 million settlement with the County of Santa Barbara.
Matt Fisher's practice focuses on:
- Personal Injury/Wrongful Death
- Wrongful Foreclosure/Lender Liability
- Worker's Rights and Employment (Sex Discrimination, Harassment, Wage and Hour Violations/Civil Rights Violations)
- Government Tort Liability
- Securities Fraud
- Class Actions
- General Business Litigation/Lender Liability
Memberships/Associations (Past and Present)
- California State Bar Association
- Southern California Law Review
- Santa Barbara County Bar Association
- La Raza Centro Legal
- All California State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California